20.5.12

Huff-Huff-PUFF!

Went a-googling for pictures of Puffins for my assignment when a sudden epiphany struck me:

Puffins are goddamn adorable.

Wallpaper HD

I mean just look at it! LOOK AT IT! It's so cute!!! At one glance the markings around its eyes give you the impression that it has this sorrowful, anxious look that makes you just want to pick it up and give it a big hug and make everything better for the little feathered thing. 
I think I read somewhere puffins have awfully sharp beaks so I don't think I'd ever have the chance of hugging one. Unless, of course it was dead or just a plushie. And why on Earth would I want to hug a dead puffin. 

Apparently puffins only have colourful beaks during mating season. They shed the outer, colourful part later and there's a dull coloured beak underneath. It's as if they were putting on Nature's lipstick to attract their partners, and then they wipe it off later XD. And people actually eat puffins. In Iceland, it is a delicacy to eat raw puffin hearts. 

There you go, some random information about one of the cutest birds I've ever seen! XD. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everybody!

Everyday I'm puffling~ imgur

1 comment: