Monday Morning Adventure~! =D

Well, so after the previous realization of silly me getting the films all mixed up, I set off with me dad to go develop the right rolls of films (the mixed up one and one -finally- completed roll off the Yashica) this beautiful cloudy morning. What with the previous experience of developing in Melaka, I expected to receive the completed rolls at least by the end of the day, but surprise surprise the man said to return in 2 hours, aka 12pm. Of course, I nagged my dad to just hang around for a couple of hours instead of returning in the evening as he planned. He was going on and on about wasting time doing nothing here and there was no way the other errands he had to run would take more than 2 hours. And then, he put the key into the ignition and started the car...

Only to realize the car could and would not start.

Before anyone asks, yes, I got my wish.

But not before we (well, my dad did, I just tagged along beside him giving him moral support) lugged the car battery to the workshop across the street, had brunch in the nearby vegetarian shop (well, he ate, I just watched him and had a mouthful of some oddly salty dish =/), and walked around some of the shoplots. Then we finally went to collect the films! And, hm, I believe I will not attempt to manually unload any more films, lol. The roll of film from the Diana was overexposed and there were still plenty of light leaks despite me having covered up the whole dang thing. I believe I need to not only tape the inside but also the outside. Anyway, despite my parents' best efforts to talk me out of using the Diana again (and just sell it off at 50 bucks- can you imagine?), I have decided that I shall do another sealing off the frame counter window, load a new roll film, and go gangsta again. Here's hoping things turn out happy this time 8D.

The film from the Yashica, however, turned out incredibly well (as expected =P). Well exposed shots except for the last two frames when the batteries for the Yashica's exposure meter ran out and I had to check the exposure with the DSLR before shooting. Me sees fun times ahead with the dear Yashica- my dad actually suggested I sell off Diana and go lomo with the SLR. But, no, I shall not give up so easily. When there's a will, there's a way! Tally forth, Joanne and you shall soon succeed! =D.

Oh, and after scrutinizing the films for awhile, me dad and I ambled over to the bus stop where we promptly sat for 45 minutes until we managed to get a town bus back home (the car being dead still- who knew that charging a car battery would take 3 hours? O^O). Me dad says he couldn't even remember the last time he'd sat a public bus in Melaka- heck he couldn't even remember having taken a bus in Melaka at all. Old people these days...

That's all for nao. Have a good day folks! Tis beeooteefool weather now; nice and cool and cloudy. I believe it'll rain soon. Just hope Thursday to Saturday will be nice for outdoor shooting *crosses fingers*. For now, tis assignments time!