26.3.13

It's All In The Stars...

So I entered a competition held by Puma recently, and I was selected to be one of the 30 finalists! 
We had to come up with a design based on 'Future' of the Puma Suede. This is all in conjunction with the 45th anniversary of the Puma Suede shoe! 

This is my design right here. It's based on the starry starry sky :)


All the finalists were given a pair of shoes each to work our final design on. My design being pretty simple, I managed to keep the costs (fairly) low by getting some pretty spiffy 3D fabric paint and glow in the dark paint! That was about all I used, really.



It looks a leeeetle bit boring during the day, but come night time and the black light come on...


:D

The fluorescent orange and glow in the dark really went boo! I am pleased with the outcome. I didn't win, though. But ESMOND DID 8D. His was all spiffy with EL lights and shyt. For a guy he did a pretty darn good job sewing for the first time. Hehe. 

Tune in till next time when I eventually post something about the prize-giving ceremony, on April 5th! Have a blinky Toosday night everybody :D.

3 comments: